- Stemming Deline of the Coastal Ocean: Rethinking Environmental Management. A Policy Brief from the United Nations University, International Network on Water, Environment and Health , April 2008.
[Authors: P.F. Sale, M.J. Butler IV, A.J. Hooten, J.P. Kritzer, K.C. Lindeman, Y. J. Sadovy de Mitcheson, R.S. Steneck, and H. van Lavieren]
- Coral Reefs Under Rapid Climate Change and Ocean Acidification
O. Hoegh-Guldberg, P. J. Mumby, A. J. Hooten, R. S. Steneck, P. Greenfield, E. Gomez, C. D. Harvell, P. F. Sale, A. J. Edwards, K. Caldeira, N. Knowlton, C. M. Eakin, R. Iglesias-Prieto, N. Muthiga, R. H. Bradbury, A. Dubi, M. E. Hatziolos
- Global Coral Reef Targeted Research and Capacity Building: A case for applied, adaptive science to support management and policy
(poster presented at at 10th International Coral Reef Symposium, July 2004).
- Implications for Coral Reef Management and Policy: Relevant Findings from the 9th International Coral Reef Symposium.
- Original Strategic Plan for the International Coral Reef Action Network (ICRAN).
- Coral Reefs: Challenges and Opportunities for Sustainable Management: Proceedings of an Associated Event of the Fifth Annual World Bank Conference on Environmentaly and Socialy Sustainable Development
by Fodor, Martin; Hatziolos, Marea E.; Hooten, Anthony J. (editors). World Bank, Environmentaly and socialy sustainable development series. Environment. July 1, 1998.
- Report on Risk Assessment for the Red Sea Coastal and Marine Resource Mangement Project
(Government of Egypt with support from the Global Environment Facility / World Bank).
- Strategic Action Programme for the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden.
- Population Dynamics of Intertidal Invertebrate in Herring Bay, Prince William Sound, Alaska
Anthony J. Hooten and Raymond C. Highsmith. American Fisheries Society Symposium 18:238-248, 1996.
- Influence of residual and applied oil on intertidal algal recruitment.
P. Bruce Duncan and Anthony J. Hooten. American Fisheries Society Symposium 18:238-248, 1996.
- Sustainable financing mechanisms for coral reef conservation:
Proceedings of a workshop.
Anthony J. Hooten and Marea E. Hatziolos. Washington, D.C., US : World Bank. 1995. ISBN: 0-8213-3490-5
- Fairfax County, Virginia:
A case study for an ecological resource inventory program for use by local governments.
Anthony J. Hooten. Forest Ecology and Management 33/34(1990) 253-269.